Friday, July 29, 2011

Reader's Responses...

For the past week, I've been reading every single comment left on my blog. I've had to delete a few, but most of them were encouraging, funny, and informative. Here's some of the comments you've left me the past few days.



On the debate over stem cell research, Bremsy said, "I trust in the scientific minds of the world and if they say that it can cure all kind of disease I'm taking their word over some activist groups that are predominantly christian and are opposing it not because it's wrong but because it's wrong according to their belief." Bastard From Bellingham remarks on the destruction of embryos (in the process of derivation), "All I'm sayin' is that there are tens of thousands of possible donors out there where the material would be just destroyed. Instead it can go to save millions, but a select few want it held back?"


After I thought why cancer is so hard to treat, Bigshanks Bsc does a quick explanation on what cancer is: "Essentially the body is supposed to be able to regulate cell growth and mitosis (cells dividing) when there is an error in this, the cells rapidly divide, and these cells contain the same error which then starts a cascade. This is why chemo drug patients lose their hair, cause the drugs are killing fast dividing cells." I learned something new today! 


In my quick No Science Sunday Post in which I recommended Two Buck Chuck wine, BigOryx says this about his preference for wine... "i like wine, but just because a wine is expensive doesn't mean it's good, I know a lot of cheap good wines:-)" Too true. Good wines come cheap sometimes! Just stay away from the 99 cents store. 


Do you agree with Sub-Radar-Mike about the medical industry? "The worst thing about the medical industry is just that... they are an industry. It really aggravates me when they work on treating symptoms rather than finding cures for diseases."


HeadAche01 asks, in response to my post on purple bronze and the Wiedemann-Franz Law, "Could you explain in a next post what exactly spin is? I read the article on wikipedia and all I could figure out is that is has something to do with the rotation of the electron."  I'll get to that very soon, HeadAche01!


HomMakesGames was bewildered after reading my post on time dilation for a single photon, saying "That is a crazy thought that from in the photons reference frame it travels 0 distance for 0 time...hard to get my head around!"


Mac and I showed me how to integrate Lightbox into this site. Click on an image in the site, and a box appears! Cool, right?


You guys have raised 29 dollars for Doctors Without Borders! Not bad, but I know we can do better! For every person who "Likes" our new Facebook page, a dollar will be sent to Doctors Without Borders. They are currently involved in the East African drought crisis, which has displaced nearly a million people in refugee camps and left many more millions starving. Every cent counts.

26 comments:

very refreshing to see such an intellectually stimulating blog. keep up the good work my friend.

i like the discussion and the topics you have in your blog :)

Doctors Without Borders really are a good charity to support. I watched a couple of Starcraft II marathons recently that were donating all their ad revenue to the same cause. Good work!

It's great to see a blogger getting so involved with their readers! Some fabulous work you're doing here, keep it up!

The truth can be so hidden sometimes.

i like your blog :) gonna follow it for sure, for charity is always a good purpose!!!

yeah, good to post something that came from our viewers and supporters.

maybe i'll do something like it, any given day ;)

I agree with Bremsy's comment, I kinda feel the same way.

Everybody loves reader's comments.

It amazes me what we really do not know about our medical treatments. Will follow+1

This kind of things is great. Always give something back to your followers

It's nice to see you read all the comments and appreciate ours.
It makes your blog better and better each time I come.
Cogratulations

next entry, show us some of the deleted comments! I want to get all rated- R on genetics. >:)
Thanks for the update.

You really do have some thought provoking comments on your blog, and quality content... quite refreshing.

I have to mimic Elliot's post up at the very top. I added the Facebook page and look forward to new posts from yourself :)

AWWWW, love you too Genetics! Annnnnnd headin' over to hit up that Facebook page.

Consider my dollar done~!

A well written blog deserves lucid and active commenters. You sir have it in spades

Wow man, congrats for the blog!!

wow i feel honoured to be featured :-)
good job in commenting al those comments :-D

I agree with SRMike about the medical industry. It isn't the only problem with it, but it's one of the big ones. It simply pays more to treat a disease than to cure it. If the medical industry wasn't for profit and was motivated mainly by the desire to save lives, there would be a lot less dead.

It's good to see someone doing the right thing caring about the reader isn't bad either cool post.

29 dollars in a few days is not bad! I hope more people help =]

a blogpost about commenters commenting on blogposts. genious.

I agree with you about the medical industry. They make so much money it's sickening :(

Doctors without Borders seems like a good cause!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More